Ready to Book It to Brooklyn?
The Culture and Amenities
There is never a shortage of things to do and experience in Brooklyn. With some of the best food in the world and entertainment that allows residents to gain new experiences, Brooklyn remains a popular spot for tourists and residents alike. If you want to be in the middle of the action, then Brooklyn is the perfect place to call yourself a New Yorker.
Brooklyn offers a wide variety of living options. Residents can choose single-family homes or brand new condominiums, luxury apartments, historic brownstones… whatever your fancy may be, Brooklyn is sure to have your dream place! The diversity of choices makes Brooklyn a very desirable place to live in the city that never sleeps.
Easy Access to Public Transportation
One of the best perks of living in Brooklyn is the quick access you have to any part of the city you need. Brooklyn utilizes several New York City transportation options. The most famous one is riding the subway. Another option for many New Yorkers is riding a bus to get where you need to go. Other residents use the NYC ferry. All of these options instantly connect Brooklyn residents to all of the other boroughs in the city.
Featured Homes for Sale
Brooklyn at a Glance
To Manhattan: 40 minutes
To Queens: 26 minutes
To Staten Island: 43 minutes
To the Bronx: 40 minutes
City Size: 70 sq.mi./ 180 sq.km.
Median Sale Price: $830,000
Communities of Brooklyn
Brooklyn is home to many neighborhoods with millions of residents. Check out a few of the communities in Brooklyn to see which may be the perfect fit for you!
Known for its Manhattan views, Brooklyn Heights is a popular spot for those looking to see the famous NYC skyline. Mature trees and 19th-century brownstones line the streets of Brooklyn Heights, making it a very photogenic area. Numerous shops and restaurants allow for residents of this neighborhood to experience all the nearby culture of Brooklyn.Brooklyn Heights
For those who want to be close to all of the action in Brooklyn, Downtown Brooklyn is the perfect place to be. Filled with culture, attractions, and history, this growing community features both luxurious high-rise apartments and a plethora of historic landmarks. Downtown is ideal for those who want to live in the heart of Brooklyn and experience all that it has to offer.Downtown Brooklyn
Brooklyn Helpful Relocation Tips
Are you excited about relocating to Brooklyn but still have a few concerns about the process? Relocating to a new area can be both an exciting and stressful time. Read the tips below to learn a few steps to make the transition easier.
Prepare a Budget
One of the most stressful things about moving is the unexpected cost that comes with it. There always seems to be something that pops up that you were not anticipating. We recommend sitting down and making a list of all anticipated costs and other things that could come up as well.
- Think about moving costs. Are you going to hire a moving company or do it yourself? How much will it cost to rent the truck? How much would you have to pay the movers?
- Think about setting up your new place. What will you need to set up prior to the first night you are in your new home? Will the power be turned on and will you have AC or heat, depending on which season you move in?
- Think about what you need to make it feel like home. Will you need to purchase new furniture? Are you going to have it painted or updated prior to moving in?
Update Your Information
Next, you will need to update all of your contact information. Have you changed your mailing address and where your bills should be sent to? Here’s what to do prior to relocating to Brooklyn.
- Change your address with the post office.
- Contact your utility companies, and make sure that you cancel your old residence’s bill or switch to your new address.
- Make sure your old employer (if switching jobs) has your new address for tax purposes.
Get to Know the Brooklyn Area
Moving to Brooklyn will allow you to experience culture from all over. New York City is famously known as the Melting Pot. This allows people from all over to enjoy the various cultures in the city.
- Prior to relocating, research nearby restaurants and shopping centers to see what various amenities are in your neighborhood.
- Make a bucket list of all of the food places you want to try and parks you want to explore!
- Explore the different routes to work to ensure you have the shortest commute time.
Relocate to Brooklyn with Ease!
Moving is always stressful, especially when you’re relocating to a big city. But when you choose to use Brooklyn Real Property as your trusted real estate agent, moving doesn’t have to be a hassle! Our team has been proud to serve Brooklyn since 2012, and some of our agents have experience over three decades of real estate experience. The local knowledge we provide is unmatched, and we are excited to welcome you to Brooklyn! Reach out to our team to begin your home search today.